World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Responding in China and East Asia since the first outbreak of COVID-19 in January, World Vision (WV) launched its COVID-19 Emergency Response (COVER) on 11th March 2020 just as WHO declared a global pandemic. This grew rapidly in scale from an initial $80 million programme in 17 countries to a whole of WV Partnership response across all field regions and countries through an 18 month, $350 million global Response Plan to reach 72 million people through four objectives spanning health, WASH, food and livelihoods security, education, child protection, advocacy and external engagement. By mid-August the response had reached over 45 million people.
Here’s where you come in:
*Preferred position location: United Kingdom. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As the Global Response Lead, COVID-19 Emergency Response, you will lead our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to limit the spread and reduce the impact of COVID-19 on vulnerable children and families worldwide.
Coordinating World Vision’s largest ever global response spanning relief, recovery and development in 70 countries, totaling $350 million, you will be critical in ensuring a cohesive and effective whole of World Vision(WV)’s Partnership response. We are looking for an experienced humanitarian and development leader to work closely with WV’s regional and global teams and across disciplines, functions and funding streams.
You will work closely with World Vision leaders across all regions and as an extended member of WV’s Disaster Management executive team will work collaboratively alongside leaders of WV humanitarian and development programmes, sectors, advocacy & external engagement, grants, fundraising & communications, finance & other support functions and will matrix manage an embedded global response team providing direction, coordination, information management & communications.
- Masters-level degree, preferably in international studies or similar with humanitarian and/or development focus.
- Minimum of 10 years operational and management experience in the international development and humanitarian action.
- Proven leadership track record with excellent relationship management in a complex international organisation.
- Extensive experience across the humanitarian and development spectrum.
- Excellent communications, team and people management skills.
- Fluent English language and preferably a second international language (e.g., French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese).
- In the current international climate of travel restrictions, it is envisaged that at least initially this role will be home office based working virtually with teams and colleagues internationally. If/when this context changes the position would require the ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 30% of the time – to global/regional capitals and to national field locations.
How to Apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 23 SEPT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.