World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Responding in China and East Asia since the first outbreak of COVID-19 in January, World Vision (WV) launched its COVID-19 Emergency Response (COVER) on 11th March 2020 just as WHO declared a global pandemic. This grew rapidly in scale from an initial $80 million programme in 17 countries to a whole of WV Partnership response across all field regions and countries through an 18 month, $350 million global Response Plan to reach 72 million people through four objectives spanning health, WASH, food and livelihoods security, education, child protection, advocacy and external engagement. By mid-August the response had reached over 45 million people.
Here’s where you come in:
* Preferred position location: United Kingdom. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As the Communications Technical Director, COVID-19 Emergency Response, you will provide communications leadership and coordination to World Vision’s COVID-19 Response (COVER) – the agency’s broadest ever humanitarian response. You will ensure the delivery of top-class communications content, messaging and products to meet the needs of a range of World Vision audiences that include donor, online, media, and humanitarian, as well as staff. You will serve in a leadership position, providing strategic communications advice and support, overseeing communications planning, and engaging with a range of World Vision audience-facing stakeholders to meet their requirements. This is a challenging role that involves working virtually with World Vision communicators and entities in nearly 100 response and funding country locations.
- Masters in the field of Journalism or public relations or another relevant field or a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience.
- At least 10 years of professional experience, including 5 years or more progressive work experience with international exposure/external engagement on humanitarian emergencies or fragile country contexts.
- Strong journalistic skills, ability to facilitate the collection of photo, video, story and social media resources.
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Ability to write and edit rapidly is a must.
- The position may require the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 15% of the time) if there is a relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions.
How to Apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 23 SEPT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.