Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
DT Global is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID program in Tunisia.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Extensive knowledge of USAID Regulations and Compliance.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision
- Oversees work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Work with HQs to make sure that the project is executed according to the vision of all stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in international development, international affairs, economic development, or a related field preferred
- Experience working in Tunisia or MENA preferred, but not required
- Ability to analyze complex, politically sensitive issues and ensure strategic program coherence in dynamic environments
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing and implementing development projects of similar size and scope, preferably in a conflict or post-conflict environment
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with civil society organizations to identify community needs
- Demonstrated experience liaising and collaborating with host government institutions
- Demonstrated experience in civil society and governance programming
- Demonstrated experience working to build the capacity of local NGOs, Associations, Think Tanks, and other local organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work and liaise with advocacy campaigners, watchdog organizations, and global governance process organizations
- Strong facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Personnel and resource management, coordination, and decision-making skills along with an ability to troubleshoot
- Experience with small grants
- Demonstrated leadership, flexibility and resourcefulness.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
The following qualifications are highly desired but not required:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints
- Demonstrated experience liaising effectively with high level, host country government officials and civil society leaders
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in overseeing program close-out
- Demonstrated proficiency in French.
This role is contingent upon project award and donor funding. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.