About the role
This is a 12 month (renewable) role with unaccompanied terms based in Niamey, Niger with 50% of the time scheduled and spent in the Programmes areas (Tahoua Tillabery and Diffa) with a salary Grade 2 €34,065 - 37,850.
You will report to the Programmmes Director and you will liaise with the Country Director, Health and Nutrition Advisor, Food Security and Livelihoods Advisor, National Education Coordinator, ERNE Coordinator, M&E Coordinator Tahoua Regional coordinator, other key staff.
We would like you to start in November 2020.
The purpose of this position is to support programme teams to ensure high quality programming and learning, in particular on grant and information management – from proposal development to final reporting, developing case studies and preparing project/programme communication briefs and on the development of the protection approach for Concern Niger.
Main duties include, though are not limited to:
Grant and Information Management
- Support, under the guidance of the Programme Director, the preparation of project concept notes, proposals, stakeholder analysis and logical frameworks as an integral part of any new programme planning process.
- Contribute to information sourcing and collect as required to support and orient programming and programme design – draw this from Concern SAL, other Concern fields, other agencies operating in Niger, ministries, donors etc.
- In collaboration with the Project/Programme Managers, Technical Advisors and coordinators develop internal and external reports to donors and local Government.
- In collaboration with the Programme Managers, Technical Advisors programme coordinators, Programmes Director and Country Director, develop material suitable for use in a range of communications such as case studies, inputs into reports and briefing/position papers for a range of audiences.
- Ensure sharing of all relevant project documents (contracts, project proposal, amendment, reports etc.) to donors, partners (including consortium) and HQ
- Updating the donors’ folders with templates, guidelines and ensure the respect of deadlines and the compliance with donors guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Maintain the reporting calendar updated and fully completed at all time in order to anticipate all deadlines and ensure that key staffs at HQ and mission are informed about specific report planning.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured and properly documented and archived by participating to regular project/programme reviews.
- Ensure the French/English translation and distribution of appropriate reports, policies and documents within the team.
Protection and Gender activities
- In collaboration with ERNE Protection Manager, education protection officer and the gender and CHS manager, take the lead in developing the protection approach for Concern Niger.
- Supervise, produce evidence and documentation include capitalisation of the effective implementation of protection activities in the schools supported by Concern Niger education projects in Tillabery and Diffa (safe school, CRM in schools, GBV in school etc.…)
- Supervise, produce evidence and documentation incluinge capitalisation of the effective implementation of gender sensitive teaching by teachers in schools supported by our education projects in Diffa and Tillabery.
- Work with the national Programme Assistant in Tahoua in building her skills to prepare high quality case studies, factsheets and other key documents for external use.
- Attend meetings with programme partners; government authorities, donors, NGOs, UN agencies and programme participants as required.
- Provide support, as required to the programme team to ensure Concern is meeting the CHS engagements.
- Any other duties as required in country by your line manager.
Safety and Security
- Respect the Niger Standard Operating Procedures in line with the Security Management plan (SMP).
- The Grants Officer is accountable to the Programme Director for his/her performance. The support provided in maintaining a programme information management and tracking system, along with feedback from the CMT regarding extent and quality support to the project team, as well as compliance with Concern Worldwide policies and procedures will be the main means of assessing performance
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever acquired in the course of duty, relating to the practices and business of Concern Worldwide, to any other person or Organization without authority, except in normal execution of the above duties
- Ensuring strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorised personnel only
- Ensuring strict adherence to Concern Niger Financial Procedures and Fraud Policy and remaining within the boundaries of these policies at all times
Your skills and experience will include:
- Relevant graduate qualification in management, social science, humanitarian projects management or related subjects;
- At least four (4) years’ professional experience with two (2) years in sub-grants development, grants management, or proposal writing and minimum of two (2) years working in international development
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management cycle and grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field and field experience working for an INGO
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in French and English.
We would also like:
- Flexible and team-oriented able to handle intense work pressure, tight deadlines and ad hoc demands.
- Ability to strengthen quality and ensure compliance.
- Used to take initiative, operate with a high degree of independence
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a team
- Knowledge of computers, Internet, and Microsoft applications (MS Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook)
How to Apply
Les candidatures en français sont les bienvenues
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.