World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
As Deputy Chief of Party - Global Fund (Malaria), member of the Global Fund Principal Recipient Management Unit (GF PRMU), you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Global Fund malaria program providing overall technical and programmatic support to the program, supervising operations to ensure seamless management of all technical and operational aspects of the program implementation. You will ensure high-quality service delivery and staff capacity building and will lead and provide oversight for the technical implementation of the program while ensuring compliance. You will support the Chief of Party and partners in building relationships with the government ministries to advance program objectives and ensure smooth implementation of program activities
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related study.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in program coordination and international public health projects in developing countries, particularly in implementing and managing projects and consultants.
- Experience working with bilateral and/or multilateral donors and familiarity with their procedures and practices; experience with The Global Fund preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel 40% locally and internationally.
How to Apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 17 AUGUST 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.