Kamara Global is a new social enterprise working with social impact-driven actors and initiatives in the human rights and environmental spheres. Kamara provides security management strategies, deep investigative capacities and advisory solutions to social impact actors. Our services will also be expanded to include a technology platform to support our activities.
Kamara was founded by Oren Yakobovich (former CEO of Videre Est Credere) to be able to provide more organisations endeavouring to achieve positive social change with access to expertise and support that will improve their holistic security and ultimately their ability to achieve their vision.
Responsible within the Kamara Group for financial management and strategy, accountancy oversight including key liaison with external accountants, responsible for all reporting to donors, responsible to ensure reporting obligations to authorities are satisfied, working with CEO of the Kamara Group & General Manager UK for budgeting and forecasting.
What We Are Looking For
A strong self-manager with experience in NGO/charity sector reporting requirements and international projects. As a social enterprise, we work with both foundations and private sector social-impact driven entities. Whilst not essential to the role, experience or strong interest in human rights and environmental social change is desirable.
As a relatively new but growing organisation, we hope to continue to nurture a diverse and enthusiastic core team that enjoy building and shaping the organisation. Initially part-time, there is potential for this role to expand.
Responsibilities & Tasks
● Bookkeeping and/or monitoring bookkeeping to ensure correct coding and allocation of costs to projects and across Kamara Group (bookkeeping to be discussed)
● Preparing and finalising reporting to foundations
● Ensuring that practises are in-line with the advice of specialists, accountants and legal/fiscal/tax requirements across the Kamara Group
● Leading for Kamara Group month-end processes such as reconciliations and cashflow forecasting
● Leading for Kamara Group quarterly and annual processes and key liaison for external accountants
● Standardise and harmonise financial processes to be fit-for-purpose and maximise efficiency
● Adherence with Kamara’s Ethical Framework and Code of Conduct
● Minimum of over 2 years professional experience in finance / accountancy
● Experience working with not-for-profit organisations and donor reporting
● Experience in Quickbooks or similar accountancy software
● Ideally experience in organisation working across more than one jurisdiction
● Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and clear communication abilities
● Ability to self-manage
● Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
● Initially one or two days per week or fortnight (to be discussed)
● Remote work with requirement to attend meetings upon occasion (likely London)
● Whilst a part-time position, it may grow in future. We would like to work with someone who feels part of the team and approaches their work accordingly.
Interested candidates should send their CVs with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application – Finance Manager - [YOUR INITIALS]” by 31 March 2020.
The cover letter should be no longer than one page and include a brief explanation of what interests you about this role and why you would be a suitable candidate.
Shortlisted candidates will receive a response by mid-April 2020.
PGP key available upon request.