World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As Response Innovation Lab - Deputy Global Director you will be responsible for:
- All operations oversight across Country Labs, each with their own Country Lab Directors under the RIL franchising model. Each lab has slightly different programming depending on the needs of the country.
- Maintaining and direction setting of the global network of Country Labs to ensure all RIL Labs are learning from one another, joint problem solving, and coordinated policies and practices are implemented.
- Supporting the Country Labs to develop their strategic plans and operational plans including establishment of the Country Lab Executive Committee (a tri-party committee made up of the Lab Host, together with an Innovation and Local partner).
- Global evidence and learning staff and program to ensure the research, learning, MEAL and operations are all working together with a tight feedback and iteration feedback loop.
- Managing the build and iteration of the Humanitarian Matchmaker and convene functions that are offered as part of the RIL model.
- University degree in international development, business administration, social policy, communications or related fields is desirable.
- 7-10 years experience in an incubator, a start-up advisory, social enterprise, innovation space, project management or entrepreneurial experience, or humanitarian sector role with work on innovation initiatives.
- This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent flexible project management skills, a partnership guru, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability.
- Strong connector and developer skills; capacity to prioritize and manage a diverse range of staff members, projects and activities.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- It is expected this position will visit each existing lab at least once per year, participate in lab start-up activities in new locations, attend global/regional conferences or other meetings and participate in the annual RIL retreat. This will likely add up to a travel commitment of at least 50% of work days, possibly more based on need and location of the hire.
How to Apply
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 27 FEB 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.