At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming five-year, cross-sectorial (health, education, nutrition and natural resource management), USAID-funded governance program in Zambia – District Governance Strengthening (DGS). DGS seeks to help build up a local system of governance capable of responsive service delivery to drive USAID results and advance Zambian self-reliance. The program aligns with Zambia’s decentralization policy framework and intends to maximize the impact of local partners, build the capabilities of service providers, enhance coordination across sectors, and improve targeted citizen oversight of government performance.
The program seeks to attain the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Citizen-responsive governance structures acquire skills to effectively assess service delivery needs and performance, and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2: The sub-national governance system develops the capacity to respond to citizen needs and improve service delivery outcomes
- Objective 3: Zambia’s commitment to open government increase, advancing self-reliance
The COP will provide overall technical leadership and operational oversight for the project and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the GRZ, Pact headquarters in DC (HQ), and relevant project stakeholders. The COP will ensure that the project’s goals, objectives, and strategy are achieved and that contractual requirements are met on time and within budget. S/he is responsible for directing the entire project team and managing the critical relationship with local and international partners and other key stakeholders in coordination with partners, USAID and HQ. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and leadership to the project to achieve expected project goals and results within budget and timeframe.
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, responsible for reporting program results to USAID and cultivating and maintaining a positive relationship with USAID staff.
- Ensure compliance with Pact policies and procedures, USAID, USG, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee project staff and help partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of donor and Pact resources.
- Ensure that Pact provides high-quality technical assistance to local partners; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to local partners.
- Ensure close coordination with other relevant in-country initiatives.
- Hire, supervise, and mentor project staff.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field, such as political science, public policy, or public administration.
- At least 10years of senior-level management experience managing and implementing good governance or community development assistance programs in developing or transitional countries, with strong preference for candidates with experience in Zambia and other Southern Africa contexts.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ethical management practices.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with governments and civil society partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s objectives and Journey to Self-Reliance
- Previous senior-level management experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Deep knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Zambia.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Как подать заявку
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1350/chief-of-party/job