Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in more than 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our Birmingham / London office, UK is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Social Media Officer’ to join the External Relations and Advocacy Team. The post holder will be responsible for the oversight and execution of all social media activities throughout the year, managing multiple platforms to support news, advocacy, branding and PR content. The post holder will manage the Islamic Relief’s social presence on a range of platforms including; Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram and You Tube. They will also lead on the social media aspect of various campaigns and support key moments by gathering and sharing compelling social content about our work across the world.
The successful candidate must have or be:
· Experience managing various social media platforms effectively
· Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to use written, oral and visual content effectively to influence target audiences with clarity
· Experience in developing and implementing social media strategies and campaigns
· IT literate with a command of MS Office applications, Adobe packages, social media platforms and analytics software, including social media monitoring tools such as Hootsuite and FollowerWonk
· An understanding of development and humanitarian work at an international level
· A degree or qualification in media, marketing, design or other relevant degree is highly desirable
· Ability to edit video and / or photo content is highly desirable
· Social media moderation experience is highly desirable
· Past experience working in a busy newsroom, the media team of a PR agency or a leading aid organisation is advantageous
· Understanding of using tools like Google Adwords, MS Adcenter, Keyword Spy, Adwords editor & Google analytics advantageous
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on 10th December 2019.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
· Screening clearance
· Proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
· Receipt of satisfactory references
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer