ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Innovation, generating lasting impact and offering the best services to as many farmers as possible is what drives the Impact Ventures Department. The department currently distributes tree seedlings to smallholder farmers with the aim of diversifying farmer land use and increasing their resilience to climate change. What an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of smallholder farmers!
The Impact Ventures Department is seeking a high performing and innovative leader to fill the position of New Program Growth Specialist.
This is a dynamic role that will require you to work with both, large field teams and global teams to ensure smooth program execution. It will involve working on high-level program strategy as well as developing and setting detailed processes to ensure targets are reached. This role is a great fit for someone that is excited about having many different responsibilities, is proactive and independent but also an excellent collaborator, and is most importantly a humble strong listener that can build trust with farmers and team members.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Tree Program Expansion
The New Program Growth Specialist will be responsible for providing key tree program expansion support including:
- Suggest innovative process changes/ trials for the program.
- Provide guidance on which areas the program can expand to or scale in a cost-effective way
- Provide technical oversight on tree health and disease attack to District coordinators.
- Identify synergies with the Core One Acre Fund model in tree-related activities
Stakeholder Coordination and Communication
- Be the link between Impact Ventures and other One Acre Fund internal stakeholders such as Logistics and Government Relations
- Manage field Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provide the necessary support to the field team
- Manage the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) process and use the data to make strategic decisions.
- Be the contact person for M&E related work
- Coordinate with external stakeholders such as the Forestry Research Institute of Malawi in trainings/procurement/ general direction of the program
- Have monthly meetings with Government Relations and local leaders in our areas of operation to remain in line with Malawi Government objectives regarding Trees.
- Directly manage and mentor District Coordinators (DCs) including investing in professional development, scoping projects, and supporting project execution.
- Indirectly manage the field team (Field supervisors and Field Assistants) providing the necessary feedback for team cohesion
- Develop and lead the training of DCs and Field staff on Tree related topics including reviewing and improving on current training materials
- Support the IV Program Lead in continual team development
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 4+ years of work experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- 2+ years experience leading a team and a project
- Experience collaborating with colleagues with multi-cultural backgrounds
- Humility; a willingness to get your shoes muddy and work productively with people from all walks of life
- Proactive and dedicated to personal development; a strong desire to take on any challenge and take any feedback as a learning opportunity
- Strong writer and verbal communicator with an ability to adapt their communication style to suit the target audience
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, powerpoint, etc)
- Ability to think strategically, analyze problems, and solve detailed field challenges
- A dependable individual with an ability to get things done at a high level
- 1-3 years experience managing projects in natural resources extension work and/or working directly with farmers preferred
- Familiarity with basic tree management techniques with a degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management or a related field preferred
- Language: English required, Chichewa a huge plus
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No*;* Must have existing rights to work in Malawi. Malawians are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/55a5b6641