The Sustainable Agriculture Project Manager would lead the implementation of sustainable agriculture projects. The Manager would initially report to Conservation Landscape Manager, the position is expected to report to Forest Programme Manager. The projects aim to improve habitat connectivity and ecosystem services by restoring areas that have been heavily degraded from deforestation and unsustainable land use as well as extensive use of fertilizers and monoculture.
Project Management: Responsible for the delivery of sustainable agriculture projects, contributing to WWF Myanmar’s conservation targets on habitat conservation. The current donor funded projects include – DANA facility, Sall Foundation, BMZ and WWF network donor fund – and as the landscape programme evolves, more projects are expected to be managed by the Project Manager.
Develop and manage sustainable Agriculture team: Based on the proposed team structure and annual work plan of sustainable agriculture project, develop and manage a high performance team to deliver the programme objectives. This includes setting up yearly objectives, developing detailed work plan, monitoring progress and ensuring accountability.
Provide inputs to other programmes: Working closely with Forest Programme Manager, Wildlife Programme Manager, and others to support the delivery of WWF Myanmar’s DTL landscape strategy. Ensure solid participation of the agriculture team in management planning as the point of departure for sustainable agriculture work.
Partnerships, networks, communications and advocacy.
The detailed job description is at http://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
· Bachelor and/or Master degree in agriculture, agroforestry, agribusiness, agricultural economics, natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, or related field
· Understanding of rubber production and rubber supply chain is desirable but not an essential requirement
· 5 years of practical experience in agriculture, forestry, agroforestry, agri-business, sustainable agriculture, conservation agriculture, or related field
· Experience of working and negotiating with project partners at all levels, and working with key national and international institutions e.g. ministries, private sector, associations and communities
· Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating action plans
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Myanmar language
· Experience of working in Myanmar or SE Asia
How to Apply
Closing Date: 18 September 2019 (Wednesday)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae stating the position title and reference number in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **