World Vision International - Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Field logistic officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Officer will be providing Admin, cash support to the Team in the project. Position will coordinate continuously with P&C Department for the contract preparation related to the project, organizing meeting and assisting in Cash arrangement.
· Collaborates with the Project Managers & field coordinator to timely submission of the Purchase Requests (PRs) from World vision online purchasing system (provision) and follow up the progress.
· Maintain and keep a general record of all completed Procurement dossiers.
· Checks the quality and the right quantities of the materials delivered to the project warehouse from the suppliers.
· Tracking and reporting on all Deliveries from the suppliers.
· Collect GRNs from the receivers in the project site and submit them to the Procurement Department for the timely payment to the suppliers.
· Maintain a Database for the cash activities to keep track of the payments
· Follow up with the Senior cash officer & the project team regarding the Cash advances for the Project activities.
· Develop the standard operation procedures (SOPs) of the project warehouse in addition to manage and maintain the warehouse.
· Conduct a regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory;
· Insure that goods receiving and issuing activities are carried out with proper approved documentation that are correctly filled in the warehouse.
· Insure proper storage of the project equipment’s, tools & materials.
· Develop & share inventory report with the project manager, project team and field coordinator.
· Manage, Arrange & organize the security guards working shifts.
· adequate information from the right sources.
· Actively contributes to the field security contingency planning and implementation.
· Insure that Fleet Standard Operative Procedure (SOPs) is applied.
· Supervises the drivers’ conduct and train them when needed with support from the Fleet department.
· Insure that the fuel consumptions are monitored and reported for vehicles and generators.
· Develop a maintenance plan for both vehicles and generator in coordination with the fleet department.
· Prepare monthly fleet plan in a close coordination with the project manager & fleet department.
· Reports any issue related to the fleet performance to the fleet department.
· Manage and track equipment / assets inventory including mobiles, laptops, organize regular monthly equipment / assets counts.
· Produces and respects a maintenance plan of the field office
· Insure that the facilities are well maintained and functional.
· Perform other duties/special projects assigned by the Field Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Diploma or Bachelor degree or equivalent in related field;
· Excellent detail-orientation skills;
· Good communications skills;
· Thorough working knowledge of office systems. Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software;
· Ability to maintain positive relationships with colleagues,
· Excellent organizational and planning skills;
· Good in English, spoken and written;
· Native in local language;
· Quick learner, agile, flexible and adaptable;
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and work with little supervision under the virtual working relationships;
· Ability to contribute to the healthy team spirit within the virtual teams;
· Cross-cultural sensitivity.
· Experience of work in an INGO setting and past exposure with the international working culture and practices is a huge advantage