Regional Programme Operations Director (Kenyan Nationals only)
As a key member of the Regional Senior Leadership Team, the Regional Programme Operations Director for East and Southern Africa will take shared responsibility for driving SCI’s vision 2030 and oversee and support Country Offices in the effective delivery of safe programming for children in line with the country strategic plans.
S/he is responsible for identifying, mitigating and manage risk, enhance cross functional collaboration, whilst ensuring adequate systems are in place to enable and facilitate quality and compliant programming in all contexts (humanitarian and development) in line with the core humanitarian standards, our theory of change and SCI's essential standards.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Significant (ten years or more) senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex international NGO or organization
* Significant experience in managing most or all of the key elements of Operations and Humanitarian systems and areas: proposal development, planning, quality assurance, award management, logistics, emergency response, preparedness and capacity building
* Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks, risk management and best practices
* Robust experience in developing and implementing organisational vision and strategies
* The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments/donors and international agencies
* Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
* Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
* Excellent facilitation and team building skills.
* Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation.
* Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
* Models international development best practices, and the leadership behaviours outlined in Save the Children’s strategy and policies.
* Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major responses including travelling at short notice
* Commitment to Save the Children values.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Contract length: Two years (Fixed Term)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.