The Feed the Future Rice and Diversified Crops (RDC) activity is a USAID-funded project designed to catalyze market system changes that promote a diversified farm management approach oriented to intensified rice production and higher-value, nutrient-rich crops as well as increase incomes and improve food security and nutrition in the Khulna, Barisal, and southern Dhaka divisions of Bangladesh. RDC's goal is to increase rural incomes by catalyzing a process that leads to competitive and inclusive rice-based market systems.
ACDI/VOCA seeks an experienced and dynamic Senior Market Systems Strategy Advisor to provide strategic advisory support during RDC's quarterly strategic review sessions as well as provide targeted technical guidance to RDC's learning and communications agenda and products. The level of effort of this consulting position is expected to require a total of 30 days of work over a one-year period.
- Review RDC's current value chain strategies, program reports, and deliverables
- Meet with COP and senior staff to understand the market systems strategy and its alignment with RDC activities
- Coordinate with Grants Manager and project management team to review grants process and identify possible improvements
- Participate in RDC portfolio reviews and contribute to work planning sessions to develop RDC activities that align with overall market systems and project approaches and objectives
- Contribute to the project's learning agenda, possible follow-on learning assignments, and communication strategies to disseminate learning
- Bachelor's degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, International Development, or related field require; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience designing and implementing market systems approaches
- Proven experience conducting strategic reviews and incorporating results into learning agenda
- Knowledge of Bangladeshi agricultural sectors a plus
- Superb communication and writing skills
- Fluency in English is required
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women, minorities, and local nationals encouraged to apply. EOE.
How to Apply