Palladium is seeking an Monitoring, Research and Learning (MRL) Lead for the upcoming Accelerated Delivery Component of DFID's Tax System Transformation programme (TSTP) to assist the Ethiopian Government (GoE) in raising tax revenues towards 17.2% of GDP in a responsible and equitable way. The program is expected to run for 5 years and the expected level of effort of this position is 50%.
The MEL Lead will also manage data collection, project monitoring and reporting needs and train relevant staff and partners. The position will require a high level of technical inputs to develop a sound methodology and process for supporting impact evaluations, randomized control trials alongside creation of high quality knowledge products.
· Supporting GoE in forecasting, monitoring, and evaluating impact of policy and administrative changes.
· Finalisation of the TSTP Results Framework, with outcome and output indicators, targets and milestones for the duration of the project, and a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy, to be agreed with DFID.
· Ensure that monitoring system is aligned with that of the Tax Transformation Office (TTO) and suitable for aiding the Prime Minister in decision making and holding implementers to account.
· Working with the Programme Team and MEL Specialist to (i) design, organise and facilitate Theory of Change workshops involving all key stakeholders, (ii) develop Theory of Change based on workshop discussions, and (iii) conduct periodic systematic review of Theory of Change to make any necessary updates.
· Leading development of a programme-wide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan based on Theory of Change, involving designing and setting up of feasible and context-relevant systems and processes across programme interventions.
· Closely coordinating with the programme and Independent Evaluation Teams to ensure that key data requirements are being met and incorporated within the programme MEL Plan.
· Technical input to support design, implementation and monitoring of the Investment Fund, wage subsidies and refugee savings accounts; ensuring activities leverage best practices, are context relevant and deliver Value for Money (VfM) to DFID
· Working with the Programme Team and MEL Specialist to revise the programme logframe, and ensure that key data is organized and available to report on logframe indicators at a pre-defined frequency.
· In close coordination with the Team Leader and team develop quarterly reports.
· Closely working with implementing stakeholders, programme and Independent Evaluation teams to implement MEL plan. This will involve but not limited to developing monitoring, and data collection and management systems, including leading design and implementation of data collection activities such as baseline and endline surveys, to ensure timely data collection and ensuring adherence to quality protocols.
· Working with the programme team in training and overseeing staff within partner organization on best practices of MEL-focused data collection and reporting that will be conducted on different activities. This will also entail training and mentoring grantees and enabling them to comply with the MEL contractual requirements.
· Coordinating and implementing MEL Self-Assessment and Systems Strengthening Workshops for implementing partners with MEL Specialist and other relevant members of programme team.
· Supporting MEL Specialists in conducting periodic Data Quality Assessments (DQA) to ensure high-quality data collection and management systems in different phases of the programme.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Masters Degree in International Development or related field;
- 5 years of experience with development projects;
- Experience with DFID projects;
- Experience with MEL in the context of job creation, SME support and/or refugees is preferred;
- Political Economy Analysis skills preferred;
- Experience with the Problem Driven Iterative Approach to evidence collection and analysis preferred;
- Excellent skills in data management;
- Experience leading teams, managing contractors and partners;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Proven capability of developing quarterly reports for similar internationally funded projects (USAID and or DFID projects);
- Familiarity with DFID programme management, reporting, and systems;
- Amharic language skills will be an asset.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organizations;
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Understanding of and commitment to fair and equitable tax systems including in relation to gender equality and tackling extreme poverty;
- Excellent leadership, representation and organisational skills;
- Strong management and people handling skills;
- Ability to operate in complex situations;
- Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines;
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers;
- Results oriented;
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=RWFtb24uRG95bGUuMjkxMTAuMzgzMEBwYWxsYWRpdW0uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t