OCHA - Sudan: Situation Report - Highlights (August 20, 2019)
- An estimated 171,700 people have been affected by heavy rains and flash floods across 15 states in Sudan, according to the government’s Humanitarian Aid Commission and partners.
- In total, 22,634 homes have been destroyed and 11,702 damaged.
- Majority of people affected require emergency shelter and household supplies; water, sanitation and hygiene services; food, health, vector control and draining of stagnant water.
- Forecasts indicate heavy rains in coming days in a number of States including River Nile, Red Sea, El Gezira, White Nile, North Darfur, North Kordofan and Khartoum.
- Response and needs assessments are ongoing across the country.