OCHA - Philippines: Situation Report - Highlights (January 29, 2020)
- The Taal Volcano alert status was lowered to level-3 on 26 January, allowing residents outside the 7-km radius danger zone to return.
- As of 23 January, over 3.2 million people are affected in Regions VI, VII, VIII, MIMAROPA and Caraga due to Typhoon Phanfone.
- As of 21 January, more than 397,000 people are affected by the 6.9-magnitude earthquake that occurred on 15 December in Davao del Sur, Mindanao.
- Typhoon Kammuri made 4 landfalls from 2 to 3 December in the provinces of Sorsogon, Masbate, Marinduque and Oriental Mindoro.
- A series of earthquakes struck in Tulunan, North Cotabato, between 16 and 31 October 2019.