OCHA - Afghanistan: Situation Report - Highlights (September 4, 2019)
- As Afghanistan is recovering from the worst drought in a decade, Afghans have high hopes for the next harvest season.
- Natural disasters in 2019 severely damaged or destroyed 24,653 homes in 32 provinces, affecting 292,525 people.
- Attacks on schools tripled between 2017 and 2018 in the first increase in attacks since 2015.
- Healthcare out of reach for many Afghan as nearly a third of the population needs to travel more than 5 km to receive health services.
- Devastating combination of drought, conflict and insecurity in 2018 continues to exacerbate the nutritional status of vulnerable people.